Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rest Day

I'll be licking my wounds again today. If you feel the same, use today to rest and practice your goat(s)*. Pistols, HSPUs, Snatch, Muscle Ups, what ever you are secretly hoping does not pop up in tomorrow's WOD. We dive back in head first on Wednesday.


*The "Goat" concept (San Francisco CrossFit) is simple. A "Goat" is an exercise or movement you suck at, hate, or both. This can include anything from running, thrusters, handstands, or stretching your hamstrings. This point is, we should work harder at the things we suck at instead of always trying to improve what we're already good at. Spending some time during your warm-up or cool-down to improve some of your "goats" will make a HUGE difference in how fast you progress!

5 comments:

D* said...

I ran 3.5 miles really slow yesterday. My body felt so much better afterwords. Kind of worked out all my soreness.

Bruce said...

Nice. That's my plan today, just get loose.

D* said...

Today did add in a Goat:
2 Rounds
1 Mile run
10 HSPU
25 Broomstick OH Squats
50 pushups

goob said...

easing in with mini cindy. 12 full rounds. then, goat work by means of OHS @ 45# (4 sets of 10).

i'm still sore.

Clint said...

I took my 3rd and final day off today.

Good job getting right back into things on Monday D.

Nice score on Mini Cindy Goob.